ADULT DAY CARE SEEKING LOCATION IN BELLINGHAM
As you may know, the only Adult Day Care (sometime referred to as adult day health) program in Whatcom county recently closed. In response, Adult Day Care in Skagit County is looking to start an adult day care in Whatcom County. They hope to have a program available to local seniors by the end of the year in a temporary space, if needed. For more information on the services they provide in Skagit county visit their website, www.skagitadultdayprogram.org.
Please spread the word and help them find a suitable location!
Here is a list of guidelines for space:
- On a bus route/Bellingham core area
- Minimum square feet: 3,000 for approx. 20 clients (would prefer higher to serve more clients and have additional services/space)
- Bathrooms (prefer minimum of 3 bathrooms one with shower, but these can be renovated)
- Kitchen space (also can be renovated)
- Office spaces or square footage for staff/providers
- Space for washer/dryer and storage
- Parking (minimal for staff, client families, outside providers)
- Space for bus to safely drop off/pick up clients
Please share widely and forward any location suggestions to Pauline Smith, Executive Director at Adult Day Care in Skagit County at firstname.lastname@example.org.